Monday, June 29, 2009

The Good Shepherd - update

The Good Shepherd made it into and out of the last glaze firing. I was unsure of the best way to glaze him, but decided upon a grey glaze. In the future, I would like to try accenting with a white/cream, leaving some details bare stoneware.

The last glaze firing took so long - approx. 20 hours! It's time to change the elements... I found out this past weekend, it should only take 8 to 12 hours at the most. Hm, this change might help on the electric bill! It might be a little while before I'll be able to do another firing though.

1 comment:

  1. That looks really nice, Tonya! You do such beautiful work! I know how hard it must be, trying to creative art as well as take care of the farm and sheep. I have a BFA and my art seems to always be last on my priority list. I hate that!

    ReplyDelete