Saturday, September 12, 2009

Introducing Ewenice...

In preparing for the Ky wool festival that is coming up soon, I wanted to make sheep related pottery.. this is the first idea - Meet Ewenice.

Currently, her image is plastered on mugs, vases and flowerpots and will be moving onto pitchers and bowls soon. I have a lot of silly ideas.. i can see her with a baby lamb, or twins.. but she's quite young for that - however, it looks as though she could be carrying twins. We'll see.


Knitting and crochet needle holders.
.
Of course this is all experimental... and a learning process here, but I plan to glaze the pots, leaving Ewenice "bare" .. well, she has a good covering of wool, so not 'exactly' bare, but she'll be unglazed.


And a few more yarn bowls and some "iris coffee" mugs.
I plan to carve a folk art style sheep design today to use on mugs, etc.. and I need to start thinking about horse ideas too. the Ky Horse Heritage Days is coming up even sooner than the wool festival! Oh no, I have to get going!!
lol
Hope everyone has a great weekend!



4 comments:

  1. I love them! I can't wait to see them finished. My mom makes pottery and I'm always in awe of the transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful design! You are SO talented.
    I would like to purchase a mug and a vase when they're ready to sell....

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are precious! They truly are! I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please keep me in mind when these are ready to sell. They will make excellent Christmas gifts to my family. They are adorable.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete