Wednesday, April 8, 2009


Well.. It's been quite an exciting week. As far as weather, it's been all over the board! From sunny and warm to bone chilling -brrr cold with snow flurries. I wish I had taken my camera to work with me today to catch the snow falling on the tulips. (but then I wouldn't have been working... so it is best that i leave my camera home - lol)



Jack and I are on the homestretch of a job we've been working on the past few months. Maybe one more month and we will be starting some projects around here. We still have a few things to do to complete the barn Jack built last year.. then we're going to get busy with fencing new pasture, and who knows, we might even start building our house this year?... or next... It will be fun to see where the year takes us. It's an adventure.

This time next month, we should have a few 'batches' of lambs! (starting with the 2 girls in the right of the pic above) Looking forward to lambs.. just hoping to not have more than the mothers can care for.



I am really looking forward to 'eventually' getting all the pastures fenced. Running and moving temporary fence can be quite time consuming! We hope to start a more effective 'rotational grazing this year.
Oh, and a garden! I was starting to feel like I was really behind when the warm weather hit.. but now that it's snowing again, it puts everything into perspective.... there's still time!










2 comments:

  1. Tonya,

    I just love your pictures! Are you using a sepia filter?

    If you want, I will share some of my seedlings with you for your garden, I will have a lot anyhow.

    I really have a lot to talk to you about, I am off Friday (April 10th). Are you around and will you have some time to get together (finally)?

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia, Thanks for the nice comment - no filter here.. I just hit the sepia button on the little 'kodak' program that came with the camera. It's a super simple program, but i really get a lot of use out of it to enhance the pictures. I've found even ugly pictures can be cropped and colored and be fine looking Christmas cards.. lol.

    I would love to try some of your seeds! i would be happy to pay you for a few to try. We will probably be late putting a garden out this year...

    We'll be working Friday during the day.. I'll probably be here tomorrow (thursday) afternoon - we have to go to Lexington in the morning, and then we'll be off the remainder of the day and around here in the afternoon... and we'll be home Sunday afternoon after church... if any of those times work, you're welcome to stop by, and we should be home Friday evening too, if that is a better time for you?

    I look forward to catching up with you.

    tonya

    ReplyDelete