Thursday, March 10, 2011

A pot here...

and a pot there..

It's definitely not been a quick process.. I have been working 3rd shift, well, potting 3rd shift. Not every night of course, but just here and there I'm making pots between the hours of midnight and 6am. I decorate them during the day while Wyatt is awake, but the pots are made while he's sleeping.

I have been working with the white clay, and sgraffito designs. I plan to switch back over to the brown clay here in the next 2 weeks. (Ewenice clay) All the tools, pottery wheel, sponges, wedging board...etc.. everything has to be cleaned thoroughly to use the white clay, so I'm trying to make an abundance of white clay items before I bring out the brown clay again. I am almost out of mugs on my website, so I'm trying to make several of each design so that I can have a good assortment on there, as well as a nice display for the fiber festival that is quickly approaching. The above design is a new one. Very similar to the "ewenited we stand" , but without the wording. I like the simplicity of this one. For whatever reason, I think of Charlie's angels when i see this one. Maybe i'll call it Charile's Ewes? (no, nevermind.. someone might think i'm meaning - sheen..baah! )
(And Alice, if you're reading this, you won't believe it... but I'm making plates. Well, ok, saucers. lol. )

I have another sketch that i'm working up of a postal worker. Ewe.S.Postal worker of course. I probably won't put it on the mugs, but I think they might find their way on some envelopes just for fun.







6 comments:

  1. Wow, you have really been busy (and productive)! :-) Beautiful work, love the new designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful plate! I knew you could do it!!!
    I like the mugs without the writing because then I can add my own sentiment when I give it as a gift. Actually, I am not very good at giving them away. I tend to keep them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bowl looks interesting....I still need to order my ewe haul mug but I might wait to see what else you have going on here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how fast time is flying. The festival will be here before we know it :-o.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you ever make pitchers and bowls? That would be awesome in the white, with Ewenice...

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I want some plates!! The new three ewe design is really cute. Don't know how you are managing to get so much done with a little one.Those days are a far off memory for me, but I do remember that everything took longer to do.(come to think of it...it still takes me longer to do anything!)

    ReplyDelete